Friday, February 1, 2013

Red Hot Popcorn

I am linking this recipe up to 30 Handmade Days Blog.  Mique is having everyone link up a favorite recipe - this is one of my favorites for Valentine's Day!   It is super yummy! (I have changed it slightly from others on the Internet)

Popped popcorn - I used my hot air popper and popped 2/3 cup and then another 2/3 cup. (This will be enough to fill up a roasting pan)

Lightly butter your roasting pan and place popped corn in pan making sure to sift out ALL seeds. Heat oven to 250 degrees.

1 cup butter
1/2 cup Karo syrup
1/4 cup sugar
10 to 12 ounces red hots ( I guessed because my bag was a 14-ounce bag)
1/4 tsp. salt

Melt the above ingredients on the stove top. Bring to boil and boil for 5 minutes. (My red hots took a long time to dissolve almost the entire 5 minutes.) Turn off the heat and add 1/2 tsp. baking soda. Stir well. Pour the molten hot mixture over the popped corn and toss to coat. Place in the oven for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes. Yum!!! 


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment