Friday, February 10, 2012

A Word on Spray Paint



Not all spray paints are created equal. Today I have used three different brands in my chair painting projects - it was nice to compare each brand. Now I know which for sure is my favorite.

Home Depot's Rustoleum Painters Touch is my absolute favorite and my favorite spray primer as well. The paint covers beautifully and the nozzle works great even till the last bit of paint. If they have the color you like - this is the best paint!

Next is Lowe's Valspar. They reinvented this paint and it has a new container and nozzle/lid. It also is over $1 more than most spray paints - it can add up if you are using 6 cans a day like I did today! This paint also covers nice - the nozzle is a bit tricky and it is a little harder to press down. But really nice paint and nice colors.

Walmart's Krylon - Oh my I am throwing this can out - it was awful. It was splotchy, drippy, uneven and covered horribly. I will never buy this paint again - no matter what kind of pinch I am in!

So there you have it! Now I am off to buy more spray paint and I have a major cramp in my right hand from pushing the sprayer so much!!!

1 comment:

  1. for the amount of spray paint you use my friend...why don't you have one of those handles you use with the cans???

    Oh how I need you makeover and spray paint skills, energy and enthusiasm!

    ReplyDelete